Overview: Today, we’re going to talk about Helium Health - the Nigerian HealthTech infrastructure company. We’ll explore the Helium Health story across 6 areas:
- African Health care status & context
- Helium Health founding and early history
- Fundraising & Growth
- Product & monetization strategy
- Competitive positioning & potential exit options
- Overall outlook.
This episode was recorded on Aug 22, 2021
Companies discussed: Helium Health, Epic, MAGIC Fund, Y Combinator (YC), KingsChat & Tencent ventures
Business concepts discussed: Healthcare technology, Operator-Investor dynamics, Health insurance coverage, Health platforms, Electronic Medical Records, Electronic Health Records & Health policy
- (01:20) - Why we’re talking about Helium Health and HealthTech
- (04:15) - African Healthcare context
- (18:05) - Context of healthcare records in Africa
- (25:05) - Founder backgrounds and early history of Helium Health
- (37:00) - Fundraising and growth
- (47:50) - Product & monetization strategy
- (55:30) - M&A and Partnerships
- (1:00:12) - Competition and potential exit options
- (1:12:25) - Bankole’s overall thoughts and outlook
- (1:24:05) - Olumide’s overall thoughts and outlook
- (1:36:12) - Recommendations and small wins
Olumide’s recommendations & small wins:
- Recommendation: Unscripted - The Great Rat-Race Escape: From Wage Slavery to Wealth: Amazing!
- Small win: Las Vegas weekend with friends. Insane.
- Other content: World Bank database
Bankole’s recommendations & small wins:
- Recommendation: Peru - Fireboy DML & Business Breakdowns podcast on ZoomInfo
- Small win: Back playing basketball regularly after 18 months out
- Other content: Managing in an Age of Modularity
Listeners: We’d love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com with your feedback!
Founders & Operators: We'd love to hear about you & what you're working on, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Investors: We'd also love to link up with you, to partner to drive the ecosystem forward. Contact us at email@example.com
Join our insider mailing list where we get feedback on new episodes & find all episodes at Afrobility.com